Fashion (MA)

Chenzhi Tang

Tang Chenzhi is a menswear designer. He is deeply influenced by sci-fi movies and geek culture. He likes things related to technological machinery and incorporates them into his works.

In his works, through the imagination of the future, as well as the study of soft science fiction and hard science fiction in science fiction movies, he creates characters, designs their equipment according to the characters' personalities, thinks about the connection between industrial products and individuals, and constructs them by using 3D modeling technology His own "Arsenal", and try to develop products through 3D printing technology, his products are based on the concept of "reconfiguration", whether it is from the appearance design to the internal mechanical principle, there is a strong personal color, every detail All have achieved the ultimate, each component has its own functionality in an independent mode, and its current products focus on accessories to create a huge dark future world view,At the same time, as a product, it not only has its original functional attributes, but also achieves the simple and rough life he wants through the assembly form similar to model toys, as well as the deformation, opening and closing movement methods and different combination methods realized by the internal mechanical structure. In this way, he is committed to integrating the mechanical structures that can be seen everywhere in his life into his products, exploring the possibility of interaction between people and industrial products and future cities, and realizing the concept of mutual compatibility and combination of fashion, architecture, and industrial products. Its design can reflect its unique thinking on brutalist architecture, dystopian dark future, geek culture, JDM culture, survivalism, etc.

Degree Details

School of DesignFashion (MA)DigitalRCA2023 at Truman Brewery

Truman Brewery, F Block, Second floor

PHOTO

“表面上它是一个刮胡刀,其实它是一个吹风机”

This is a line I have always admired and influenced by Stephen Chow in the movie "From Beijing with Love". This line has always influenced me, whether it is my design or the establishment of my outlook on life. A seemingly simple sentence hides a deep truth, appearance, and truth, and appearance is often paid too much attention to the truth by others. And this sentence is really embarrassing in today's fashion industry, just for me personally, in addition to the appearance, I pay more attention to its functionality, whether it is matching function, daily wear, or can simplify the behavior mode Functionality is what I consider. Functional integration has always been something I have paid close attention to, and it is also an inevitable trend in the development of the world in my opinion. Various factors such as the future population environment will make the space that each individual can have smaller and smaller, so it is necessary to integrate functional products that meet people's daily needs. For example, wardrobes can be combined with TV speakers, Combining a bed with a car, and even an old rifle in the old world can be equipped with a bayonet, just like the "要你命3000" in Stephen Chow's movie combines all the killing weapons into one body. There are many such examples in life. The cooperation between Balenciaga and BO2 The bag not only meets the needs of fashion but also achieves the ultimate brand integration of audio equipment so that it has two functions at the same time. And my products are also reflected, in the combination of belts and wallets, pockets, stereos, bags and weapons, cars, buildings, only you can't think of, there is nothing I can't integrate.

BELT
control When I was thinking about how the top layer needs to control the bottom layer, combined with the types of work just mentioned, I thought of the belt. The belt is inspired by the Japanese special film Kamen Rider. The way they gain power is through the belt to transform, and different cards or memory to change their shape or change weapons, so I designed the belt trigger of the bottom worker.
BELT
BELT
BELT
BELT
BAG
BAG
BAG
BAG
BAG
BAG
BAG
CHARACTER
CHARACTER
CHARACTER
CHARACTER
BAG
BAG
BAG
BAG