Animation (MA)

Tianhui Zheng

Tianhui Zheng is an animator and illustrator from China. In her opinion, animation is a romantic art form. She yearns to combine illustration/animation with contemporary social and cultural phenomena and presents her abstract thinking from the micro perspective in distinctive visual form. Tianhui has always insisted on expanding visual association and producing works by using multiple media and materials. She enjoys combining poetic expression with objective fact analysis, exploring all interesting media flexibly and then presenting them in the final artwork. She tries to find the essence of the subtle changes in human consciousness based on time, space and daily behaviour.

Tianhui Zheng

Life is a disorderly theory.

My work is inspired by my life experiences and reflections at different stages of my life. And there are times when I just take a moment to look. I like to observe the shapes of tree trunks along the roadside while walking, to capture the light and shadows of life, to feel those moments that are full of life: the summer air, the crowds at night, the wet rainy days, the quiet living room late at midnight the sound of traffic outside the window. These abstract, random fragments of the senses piece together the order of my life and tell me how to live and love. The moment the images in my mind become lines and colours on paper, my world builds up. Perhaps more often than not, I think I'm still a tree that has not completed its mission to grow.

The animation TWINE is inspired by my thoughts on happiness and choice. Have we, who are passively hovering on the horizon of happiness, ever actively thought about the true definition of happiness. If it is the joy of brokenness, the growth of confusion, the self-consciousness of loneliness, the many possibilities that lie below the horizon of happiness, how do we choose?

TWINETwine tells the story of a pair of lovers who once had a sweet relationship and planted two tulips in their garden to represent each other. But being too close together made them get along with a sense of control and suffocation. In the end, they chose to disengage and let go.
TWINE-Still Image
TWINE-Still Image

Medium:

Digital Art

Size:

4096 x 2160px

Dream NarrativeMy dream stories are often fragmented and do not follow the traditional narrative logic. Those episodes that appear briefly occur suddenly and with a strong sense of randomness, but they are always attached to my subconscious. With the subconscious as the subject of dream production, the question of in what way I need to express this sense of the virtual and the real is worth exploring.

Medium:

Digital Art

Size:

2580 x 1668px

ChronphobiaChronphobia, also known as Fear of Time, is an extreme fear of time or the passage of time. It can lead to severe anxiety, feelings of fear, obsessive behaviour and depression. The inspiration for making this short film came from the first semester when myself and my classmates were uncomfortable with the whole learning environment and the state of anxiety and anxiety in the face of a huge change in the academic system. Sometimes the body collapses into bed, but the mind remains busy.