Digital Direction (MA)

Junyi Shi

When all the roads that people will choose can be predicted and datafied, how to preserve the feeling of the “presence”? When the perishable existence can be measured, the uncertainty turns into certainty, and the total experience is deconstructed into fragments, will this world collapse?

As a growing information invasion invades our lives, it makes me question the unique authenticity of my life. By practicing performance and mixing media, I explored ways of dealing with the feelings of detachment and fragmentation I experience in this data-driven era.

Artist's portrait

Junyi Shi, a multi-media storyteller, digital art director, and 3D artist based in London and Shanghai, is driven by an unwavering passion for enthralling visual narratives and crafting artworks that transcend the bounds of rationality. Using digital mediums, Junyi crafts captivating landscapes and experiences that transport viewers to new realms. She believes in making her stories relatable and accessible by drawing from her own experiences and presenting them in various contexts.

a corridor and a flattened box
an artificial abstract landscape
a mirrored nature and some artist's performances
a road in a rainy da
artist is walking on a field of grass

Full video-My Proof of Presence

Medium:

Digital video

Size:

3minutes53seconds

Medium:

Digital video

Size:

3minutes56seconds